JoAnn Carter joined Terry & Roberts as a family law attorney after a distinguished 30-year career as a Texas lawyer. She focuses her practice on divorce, child custody, and all other aspects of domestic relations. She has worked in the legal industry since 1996, working at two other law firms in the region in her practice area. She and her husband have lived in Pearland for over 23 years, where they raised their two children.
JoAnn graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1988. She earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 1992, cum laude. During law school, JoAnn was selected for inclusion in the Order of the Lytae and the Dean’s List. She also received the American Jurisprudence Awards for both Torts and Criminal Law.
JoAnn is a member of the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section. Over the course of the last 20 years, JoAnn has actively volunteered in various organizations in Pearland, including the Pearland Pirates summer swim league, Boy Scouts (Troop 468), Cub Scouts (Pack 414), various PTAs and Dawson High School booster clubs. She is currently volunteers for the Wine Garden Committee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Texas, 1992
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1992
- Dean’s List
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Torts
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law
- Order of the Lytae
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in History, 1988
- Dean’s List
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Using and Protecting Consulting and Testifying Experts Before and During Trial, State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2005.
- Valuing the Small Business on a Budget, State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Course, 2004.
- Marital Liabilities: The Wolf’s at the Door, State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Law Course, 1998.
- QDRO Quandaries, University of Houston Family Law for the General Practitioner and Legal Assistant, 1997.
- Depositions in Family Law Cases, University of Houston Family Law Practice Institute, 1997.
- Property Division–House, Realty and Personality, South Texas Family Law Mediation Training Seminar, 1996.