Serve Divorce Papers

How to Serve Divorce Papers in Texas

When starting the divorce process, you may have heard the phrase “serving your spouse” with divorce papers. Getting divorced is a legal process that involves having to tell the person you are divorcing what you want and why, as well as giving them an opportunity to respond. Your spouse must receive notice that you have…

Read More
Files for Divorce

Does It Matter Who Files First for a Divorce?

Making the tough decision to file for divorce can feel overwhelming, but that decision can be even more emotionally taxing when the choice is taken out of your own hands. You may be asking yourself whether it is better for you to file first for a divorce or if you should wait for your spouse…

Read More
Spousal Support in Texas

Spousal Support in Texas: What You Should Know

Spousal support, more commonly known as alimony, is paid by one former spouse to the other to help support their ex-partner financially. Spousal support is completely separate from child support and can be paid whether or not there are children involved in the divorce. While some people may think alimony is a relic from another…

Read More
Mistakes during divorce

The Biggest Mistakes Doctors Make During a Divorce

1. Hiring Inexperienced Counsel Many doctors have friends who are lawyers or have business counsel for their practice and/or healthcare facility. Often times doctors will hire these lawyers to handle their divorce as they are convenient and may promise to get things done quickly because divorces are “easy” compared to healthcare lawsuits. Divorces, however, are…

Read More
Adoption Attorney in TX

Do I Need an Adoption Attorney?

One of the most selfless ways to grow a family is by adopting a child into your loving home. Adoption involves a legal process that comes with detailed paperwork, court proceedings, legal requirements, and more that can be incredibly difficult to navigate on your own. While you are not legally required to have a private…

Read More
A Dentist’s Guide to Divorce in Texas

A Dentist’s Guide to Divorce in Texas

When a couple files for divorce, there are a million things that may be going through their heads. The children need to be cared for, the family home may need to be sold, spousal support may be required, and more. When a dentist and their spouse choose to divorce, they will face even more unique…

Read More

See how we can helpContact Us

Terry & Roberts serves clients throughout Brazoria County, TX including in Angleton, Pearland, Lake Jackson, Alvin, Freeport, Clute, and Manvel.

Call TODAY!979.849.4387