Thomas Jennings “T.J.” Roberts was born in Austin and raised in Lampasas, Texas. Playing baseball for the Lampasas Badgers earned T.J. a chance to attend Austin College in Sherman, Texas. After college, he moved on to Texas Tech University School of Law. In Law School, T.J. served as president of the Criminal Bar Association, Vice-Chair of The Board of Barristers, and was voted the Board’s most outstanding member. During law school, T.J. was selected as a law clerk to The Honorable Sam Medina in the 237th District Court of Lubbock County, Texas. In addition to the Criminal Defense Clinic, where he received an American Jurisprudence Award, T.J. was also a member of several national trial advocacy teams. T.J. was voted into the Order of Barristers, a national merit-based advocacy organization.
After law school, T.J. was hired to work for a Lampasas, Texas law firm, where he stayed until 2013. Subsequently, T.J. was the Senior Associate Attorney for Scott M. Brown & Associates, handling family law matters. In 2018, T.J. partnered with Lenette M. Terry and William “Billy” Terry to form Terry & Roberts.
He prides himself on being an aggressive litigator and passionate advocate for his Brazoria County clients, providing practical legal advice and personalized representation in all family law cases. He was recognized in the Texas Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters from 2019-2022.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- State of Texas, 2009
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Austin College, Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Government, 2006
Awards and Recognitions
- Selected to Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2022
- Order of Barristers, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- Lampasas City Council, Councilmember, 2012-2013
- National Trial Lawyers Association, President 2008-2009
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Child Protective Services Fall Banquet, 2012